Exquisite Health : The Benefits of Juicing
You are to be congratulated on wanting to make a fantastic change to your life! Your decision to start a juicing plan and diet I am fully convinced our keys to giving you an exquisite and energized life and, premium health.
It’s common knowledge that micronutrients become damaged when foods get heated. processed foods along with cooking it destroys the very valuable micronutrients , it changes their structure, chemical composition, and shape. When you reach a high micronutrients level, it’s best to avoid all processed foods, and seek to only eat organic fruits and vegetables if at all possible.
For best health authorities on health have recommended for a long time that we get at least 6 to 8 servings of vegetables and fruits each day. However there are a few of us that will get this daily target.
Through juicing fruits and vegetables you can get the servings, if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, or cholesterol that’s high, consider limiting juicing until you normalize these conditions.
The main exception to this would be with the citrus fruits, such as limes and lemons which contain no sugars or fructose that are factors in the complications listed above. Lemons and limes additionally are fantastic at minimizing that bitter taste sometimes associated with deep green vegetables which provide most of the advantages in juicing.
While there are numerous reasons you would want to put vegetable juicing in your health program, we have highlighted three great reasons.
- You can absorb the majority of nutrients and vegetables through juicing. Juicing will help to “pre-digest” the majority of the nutrients we get from vegetables and fruit, that sometimes gets lost when we just eat them.
- It’s the best way to consume an optimal amount of vegetables through juicing. Study show an average person should consume at least 1 pound of raw vegetables for every 50 pounds of body weight each day. That’s a lot of eating, and juicing allows us to meet that goal easier.
- Juicing allows you to add a wider array of vegetables to your diet plan. You should have a regular rotation of different foods and vegetables in your diet, juicing allows you consume that wider variety easier.
If you’re just starting in juicing, we here at the Best Electric Juicer recommend a midpriced juicer. The cheaper ones, will break easily and you will not get the most juice from fruit and vegetables. In addition the cheaper ones are very loud and not a good way to start a quiet day.
Some of our favorite juicers are the single gear. They are relatively fast, not that expensive, and easy to clean than the more robust juicer. We recommend the “Fagor Slow Juicer” as a good entry-level juicer. Despite what many may at first think about juicing, it is not a chore but pleasantly surprising in its ease and workload.
An Easy Meal is Vegetable Juice?
As you start juicing, remember that vegetable juice contains a little protein and almost no fat. This makes it not fully complete food and is recommended to use as an addition to standard meals and not in substitution for it.
There are exceptions for people who are taking part in specific fasting or detoxification programs, however we will state again that it is unwise to use juicing as your primary meal replacement. It’s best to use as a snack in between your main meals or with food.
Your Body Knows Best!
A rule of thumb, if it makes you feel nauseous you shouldn’t try it. We recommend to start off by juicing vegetables or fruit you know you would enjoy eating in a non-jucied way. Your body knows best and you should listen to it.
If you’re trying new juice recipes with fruit or vegetables you don’t know or have not tried.
- Try little bit and if it makes you feel good in your stomach is settled try more.
- If your stomach feels achy, or nauseous after juicing and drinking a little reduce your intake of it and try to spread out over the course of the day instead of all once.
Also some people have allergic reactions different fruits it’s best to listen to your body.
Starter tips 1 : Use Vegetables Free of pesticide.
Organic is best when ever it is possible, some veggies do have a history of being worse than some others. Here is a list of some of the vegetables that are most common associated with being pesticide loaded, as according to the environmental working group.
- Collard greens
- Cucumber (*if you peel the skin it’s better)
Starter tips 2 : Getting up to speed with juice.
Before we get started, remember that as mentioned above lemons and limes to reduce the bitterness taste and a lot of really dark greens veggies. By using 1/4 to 1/2 a lime or lemon, you reduce the bitterness taste and a lot of dark greens and allow you to experiment with more.
Additionally, keep in mind that it’s better to use the limes and lemons rather than apples beets or carrots that contain more fructose then the limes and lemons.
Easy to digest and tolerate vegetables
- Fennel (anise)
We recommend starting with the above three for a few days, then over time as you get adjusted to them move on to the darker greens.
Darker denser greens for juicing
- Romaine lettuce
- Green leaf lettuce
- Red leaf lettuce
Pro Health tip: juice from a cabbage. It may taste bad but it helps repair damage from ulcers and is a huge boost in vitamin U.
Enhance your juicing
It’s time to add the herbs that will make wonderful combinations and additions to your juicing designs!
It’s recommended to always start off with a few springs of either of these and then gradually build your way up. Just a tablespoon or two, after that if there is no side effects and you enjoy the flavor then increase it. If you are new at juicing we recommend not using the cilantro for a bit. The reason being is that the herbs are more of a challenge for your body to digest, however they carry a high health benefit.
The Final Ingredient
Here are some deep dark greens that are very bitter, like above we recommend starting with the smaller leaves and smaller samples, Always bouncing out with the lime or lemon to minimize the bitterness.
- Mustard Greens (Very bitter)
- Dandelion Greens
- Collard Greens
Pro Health tip: When going to a grocery store or farmers market be sure to find the ones that have the leaves that are still attached to the main stock. As soon as the leaves are removed from the stock a lot of their valuable nutrients rapidly leaves.
Starter tips 3 : Let’s Make Your Juice Taste Fantastic!
Adding these ingredients below will increase the palatability of your juice especially when you’re starting out.
- Fresh ginger: talk about giving a bit of a pickup in your step! Ginger has been found to give a huge boost to the cardiovascular health, including the prevention of atherosclerosis, preventing the oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL), and lowering cholesterol levels!
- Cranberries: with five times the antioxidant levels that broccoli has, they may protect against forms of cancer, heart disease or stroke, and they are bursting with phytonutrients. Additionally cranberries can help women avoid urinary tract infections. It’s best to have your cranberry intake limited to around 4 ounces per pint of juice.
- Lemons and limes: For every quart of juice add one or a half whole lime or lemon, and you can use the skin if you’re in a rush and do not want to peel them.
Starter tips 4 : Consume your juice quick after making it.
An important aspect of juicing that you must keep in mind, is that juicing is highly perishable. It’s best practice to consume all of your juice directly following the juicing of it. If you are careful however, it is possible to store up to 24 hours leaving the Jews with only minimum nutritional loss. This is important if you plan on bringing the juice with you to your workout, school, or office.
How best to store your fresh juice:
- Keep it cold: after juicing make sure it goes into the refrigerator and stays cool as possible so you’re ready to enjoy it.
- Get airtight lid glass jars: After juicing, filled a glass jar as much as possible. Any air left in the jar will cause the juice to “oxidize” which causes rapid decline in nutrients.
- Get a ball jar food vacuum pump: This will allow you to suck the air out of the jar after you put your juice in it, allowing it to stay fresher longer.
Juicing in the morning is what most people choose to do, however there is no right or wrong time.
Starter tips 5 : Maintaining Your Juicer Properly
We have found using an old toothbrush works the best for maintaining and cleaning your juicer. We all know that it takes longer than two minutes to clean, we will leave it out all day. This is no good. The whole process takes only about five minutes so whatever you do clean it after use immediately, this will prevent mold growth and the contamination of your juicer.
We hope you found the above article interesting and you will put it to use! Remember there is no wrong or right way to juice. It’s all about experimenting and finding out what works best for you and your body.
To your health and your success!